"I have worked alongside the AWP team in previous roles and on our current regeneration and renewal programme and am delighted that we have such a focused and professional resource available to the development community in the City. The AWP pragmatic approach to problem solving has helped unlock complex issues in city centre development"
Exeter city centre redevelopment
We have been working for Exeter City Council as part of a team with JLL and Clifton Emery Design providing engineering input into the developing masterplan of the current bus station site.
Ian led our team providing transport and access input into this feasibility study drawing on his previous experience of leading the transport team for the adjoining Princesshay development.
The development concept for the site includes:
- 250 apartments for sale on the current Civic Centre site, and 250 Private Rented Sector homes on Sidwell Street
- A ten-storey, four star hotel with 175 rooms, and a budget hotel
- Almost 40,000 sq ft of retail units fronting onto Sidwell Street
- The potential to house the relocated Civic Centre
- A new Office Quarter, with units over eight storeys
- More than 15,000 sq ft of food and drink outlets
- Flexible working space alongside the leisure centre
- The potential for a multi-purpose performance venue, with a capacity of around 1,200 seated or up to 2,500 standing
- Public realm enhancements – a new square in Paris Street and new civic space
We look forward to helping ECC deliver this exciting scheme to regenerate this part of the city centre.
Images reproduced courtesy of Exeter City Council and Clifton Emery Design